It’s nearly halfway through the year already! I’m shocked, even though I’m excited for some great beach reading this summer! In case you missed it, here’s what quick overview of what happened on BB> in May:
Teas I was obsessed with this month:
- Tazo Zen: So I’m not the biggest fan of Tazo tea, nor am I a big caffeine drinker. But this seems to be an amount of caffeine that my body can tolerate! Plus, this green tea is a great tea to mix with others (it’s also free at work, which is an added bonus).
- Korean Ginger Honey Tea: This is really similar to the citron variation I had a month or two back, but so much better. Ginger really gets me going in the morning, and the honey is an anti-inflammatory that helps with my allergies! When I want a bit of extra kick, I add the tiniest pinch of cayenne.
- The Wrath and the Dawn, by Renee Ahdieh
- The Cook Up: A crack rock memoir, by D. Watkins
- Dark Dude, by Oscar Hijuelos
- The Hospital Always Wins, by Issa Ibrahim
- A Little Life, by Hanya Yanagihara
- Reading Coates Back-to-Back
- Still reading: The People in the Trees, Underground Railroad, & How to Make White People Laugh.
- Books I read and didn’t review (yet?): Bullies: A Friendship, and Consequence: A Memoir
Pick of the month: A Little Life, by Hanya Yanagihara
- Finding Diversity on Audible
- Characters I’d like to see 10 years later
- 10 Diverse Sites You Need to Bookmark
- A Mother’s Day Message from My Mother
- #Diversebookbloggers, and why we’re necessary
- Something New: Blogger features! (with Bina!)
- My featured interview on Tay Talks Money
This month was actually really great. I finally hit 300 WordPress followers, and 100 posts, which makes me feel far more prolific than I am. We’ve come a long way since August! Thanks for being a part of the journey with me!