January was somewhat underwhelming, book wise. I read some great stuff, but my job hunt and family vacation got in the way of completing more reviews. I’ll be playing a catch-up as we head into February.
As for challenges, I’ve done pretty well on the TBR Triple Dog Dare, which tests people to read only their own books, in lieu of purchasing new ones. The only book I purchased in January was Dreams From My Father, by Barack Obama, which was our book club’s choice.
- Good ole fashioned Ginger. Drink it with honey and a small amount of cayenne pepper, and I promise you’ll love it even more.
- Sweet Asian Pear White Tea, from Teavana. Learn from my mistakes, and avoid burning these tea leaves. You’ll live to regret it!
- Youthberry® Wild Orange Blossom Tea Blend, by Teavana.
- March: Book One, by John Lewis 4.5 out of 5 stars
- The Vegetarian, by Han Kang* 3 out of 5 stars
- The Lowland, by Jhumpa Lahiri 4 out of 5 stars
- The Passion of Mademoiselle S, edited by Jean-Yves Berthault* 2.5 out of 5 stars
- Cinder, by Marissa Meyer 4 out of 5 stars
* notes an advance copy
- What to Read This Black History Month
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’m Embarrassed I Haven’t Read (Yet)
- 7 Books to Get Snowed in With
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’ve Recently Added to My TBR List
- Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I *Meant* to Read
- Being Goal Oriented in 2016
- What I’m reading this MLK Day
- In Memory: Priceless Severus Snape Moments
- Where do you get your online book fix?
What were your favorite reads from January? What would you like to see more of on this blog in February? Let me know in the comments!